How to review a PhD candidate's manuscript in Hora Finita?
Please note that a PhD candidate can only upload their manuscript after the supervisor or their secretary reserved a PhD ceremony slot.
There is a series of steps involved in reviewing a manuscript. First the supervisor will review the manuscript of the PhD candidate. After the Assessment Committee is submitted and approved by the PhD office an email will be sent to the Assessment Committee asking them to review the manuscript. After they reviewed the manuscript and submitted their results, an email will be sent to the PhD office asking them to review the manuscript.
Please note: you can also see the reviews of the Assessment Committee outside of this process! You can find how to do this at the end of this manual.
How to review a manuscript
After the Assessment Committee has reviewed the manuscript, the PhD office receives an email including a link which they can open to review the manuscript.
If you clicked on the link you will be taken to the page where you can approve or reject the manuscript.
1. You can download the thesis by clicking on the 'Download' button.
2. You can find the reviews of the Assessment Committee in the overview.
3. Under this you will find the motivation of their statement.
4. If you are done reviewing the manuscript, you can approve or reject it underneath 'Your assessment'.
5. If you think a cum laude process should be started, you can check the box underneath 'Cum Laude'.
6. You can submit your approval / rejection by clicking the 'Submit' button.
After submitting, you will see the following pages:
All those involved will receive an email, also the PhD office will receive the following email:
The PhD candidate will receive an email asking them to upload their title page and cover which should at least be submitted 2.5 months before the intended date of the doctoral thesis defence ceremony.
Where to find the Assessment Committees reviews besides during this procedure
You can also see the reviews of the Assessment Committee outside of this email requested review process.
This can be done by navigating to the assessment page of a PhD project.
Here, you can scroll down to '2. Assessment committee'.
By selecting the 'show more details' icon, you can see each individual assessment of the opponents.