How to enrol a group of students simultaneously in a course?
Usually students enrol in a course themselves, but sometimes this does not work. This can happen due to various reasons, for example:
- the registration deadline has already passed;
- the student wants to take more than the allowed 15 ECTS of courses in a period (then follow this manual up to and including step 9 and thereafter see the manual “How to enrol a student in a course, who wants to take more than 15 ECTS in a period?");
- the student is not properly enrolled in a study, for example because the tuition fees have not been paid (if you suspect this, check this by searching the student via Student Search, step 4 of the manual “How to enrol a student in a course - via student search?”).
After approval from the course coordinator, the secretariat (or a course coordinator with Osiris Basic rights) can still place a student who has not registered for a course on the list of participants, even if the enrolment deadline for the student has passed. The advantage is that the student will then automatically have access to the Brightspace environment of this course.
More information on rules regarding enrollment and dis-enrolment? Read Rules, guidelines, deadlines, common problems regarding (dis-)enrolment
This manual describes how to add a group of students simultaneously to a course.
1. Click on Student > Enrol education > Course
or enter in the menu bar go to menu "2.4" and press enter
Select the course
2. Enter the course code in the Course search field
or search for a course via the magnifying glass under Course. For detailed intermediate steps, follow How do I find my course in Osiris Basis?, Steps 3 to 7
NB. The correct academic year has already been entered.
3. Click on Search
4. Click on the course with the correct starting block. The bar becomes green and click on the black arrow in front of the course code
Select the students
5. Make sure you are in the menu Course - Enrol
6. Click on the double green plus sign under heading Select the students you want to enrol
7. Click on the plus sign behind the input field of Student number in the Search screen
8. Enter the student numbers or copy and paste them from, for example, an Excel file, in the Enter student numbers block
9. Click on OK
NOTE: All selected student numbers appear consecutively at Student Number in the Search block
10. Click on Search
11. Click on Add
NOTE: The searched students are now entered as a selection at the bottom of your screen under Select the students you want to enrol. The green shading means they are all selected and the next action you take applies to all these students.
12. Click Enrol to complete the registration
NB. It is possible that one or more students give an error message, and then you will see a mutation report. (See manual “What do I do if a mutation report appears?”).
NOTE: The students are now enroled. In the grey notification bar you see a notice that the action has been successfully executed.
NB. The previously selected students remain selected at the bottom of the screen. This does not matter.