How to submit a thesis in Hora Finita?
You can upload your manuscript (together with your authorship statement) after your supervisor planned your ceremony date. You will receive the following e-mail if your ceremony date is planned:
To upload and submit your manuscript and authorship statement:
Login to Hora Finita
1. Click on the 'Graduation Phase' tab.
2. Click on the 'Manuscript upload for assessment tab.
You can also go to this page by going to your PhD checklist on your Dashboard.
1. Fill in the required information.
2. Upload your thesis and authorship statement using the 'Browse button'
3. Select a language from the drop down menu.
4. Click on the ‘Manuscript upload for assessment’ button to submit it.
After you uploaded your manuscript and authorship statement you will receive the following message:
You will receive the following pop-up prompt asking you if you are sure that you wish to submit. If you are click the 'OK' button.
The following information is only in effect for those who used Promis before Hora finita:
If you have not yet agreed to the 'Academic Integrity Code' you will see the following message when you try to hand in your thesis:
Click on the link to in the message to go to the following page:
Here you can find additional information about the 'Academic Integrity Code' and fill in your choice. Click on 'Save' once you have selected one of the options.
Now you can go to the 'Graduation phase' tab again and click on the ‘Manuscript upload for assessment' and submit your manuscript by following the previous steps.
Approved by supervisor
After your manuscript is approved by your supervisors, you will receive the following e-mail:
After this approval the assessment committee and PhD office will review your manuscript.
Rejected by supervisor
If your manuscript and authorship statement is rejected by your supervisor you will receive the following email informing you of the rejection along with feedback stating what changes/improvements must be made in order for the manuscript and authorship statement to be approved.
You can change your manuscript and authorship statement by going to your dashboard:
1. Click on 'Graduation phase' tab.
2. Click on 'Upload modified manuscript' tab.
Approved by all those involved
If your manuscript is approved by the Assessment Committee and the PhD Office, you will receive the following email:
You can now upload your title page and cover.
Rejected by all those involved
You will receive a message of your supervisor once your manuscript and authorship statement is rejected by the Assessment Committee. In order to change your manuscript:
- Log in to Hora Finita
- Navigate to the Graduation phase page.
- Click on the ‘Manuscript upload for assessment' tab
- Make the required changes based on the feedback from the rejection email.
- At the bottom of the page click on the ‘Upload modified manuscript’ button.
1. Upload your modified manuscript using the ‘Browse’ button.
2. Resubmit your manuscript by using the ‘Resubmit’ Button.
You will receive the following message on the top of your screen.