How to make a grade input file?
In Osiris, final grades of all students of a course can be registered at once by reading a grade input file. This is an Excel file which Osiris can create for you. This can be done in Osiris Basic as well as in Osiris Lecturer. For details see the manuals What is a grade input file and how to use it? and How to enter results with a grade input file.
This manual describes how to make a grade input file in Osiris Basis.
1. Click Student > Grades > Test grades
or enter in menu bar go to menu “2.4.40” and press enter
2. Enter the course code in the field Course
or search for a course through the magnifying glass at Course. For detailed intermediate steps, read “How to find a course in Osiris Basis”, steps 3 to 7.
NB. The current academic year is already shown.
3. Click on Search at the bottom
4. Click on the course with the appropriate starting block, this bar will become green and click on the black arrow in front of the course code
5. Click in menu ACTIONS, on Create file grades
TIP: If you have chosen the wrong starting block, you can browse this course code using this white arrow (within the current academic year).
6. Click Ok
Osiris generates a grades input file, which is an Excel file with students enrolled for this test.
NB. The file is not complete until the registration period for the test has ended.
NB. This is a special Osiris Excel file that can be read again after filling in the form. Not to be confused with a normal Excel file that is NOT directly readable.
7. Save this file in a secure environment
Check What is a grade input file and how to use it? to see how to correctly fill in your grade input file.