What is the Progress tool in Brightspace
The Brightspace Progress tool tracks your students' overall progress as a course and individually.
In this article you will learn about:
Uses of Progress tool
You may want to use the Class Progress tool to do any of the following:
- Monitor progress for any or all users in your course
- Prepare progress reports
- View user profiles, email users, or instant message users
- Track when a user accesses the course content
- Track a user's grades, completion of learning objectives, access of content topics, participation in discussions, assignment submissions, quiz submissions, checklist completion, survey responses, and login history
- Set up intelligent Agents for learners who are falling behind in a course
- View feedback and submissions for assignments, discussion topics, and other assessments for individual learners
For content, the content must meet three criteria to be included in the learner's progress:
- The learner must have access to the content
- The content must be marked with a completion method of Required Automatic or Required Manual (for more click here)
- The content is not exempt (does not open outside Brightspace)
When content does not meet these conditions, the topics are not included in the calculation of the learners progress.
Where to find the Progress tool?
The Progress tool is specific to a course and available for each course page in Brightspace. To access the tool from the Brightspace Course homepage click on Progress in the green navigation bar:
You will be redirected to the Progress homepage. To learn about the available functions please continue to Progress tool homepage.
Want to know more about students' progress tracking in Brightspace?