Discussions | How to add an existing Discussion to Content
Did you create a discussion for a course? It is wise to add it to a (sub)module of the content page, so students are able to find it more easily.
This article will show you how to add an existing discussion topic:
- as an item to a (sub)module in Content
- as a quicklink
Add as an item
- Navigate to Content
- Select the (sub)module you would like to add the discussion to
- Click Existing Activities
- Click Discussions
A new window will pop out.
Now, first click on the forum from where you want to select the topic.
This will lead you to the next page where you will have two options:
- You can select the discussion topic that should be added to the (sub)module. By clicking on the topic name you will add it to the module where you wanted to place it.
- Or you can add the whole discussion forum by clicking on the plus sign (+) next to the name of the Discussion forum.
You have now added either a discussion topic or a discussion forum to your course module content:
Add as a quicklink
You can also add a discussion topic as a quicklink, either to an HTML text or a description of the (sub)module/item. Below you can see how to add a quicklink to a description. For HTML file the steps of adding the quicklink are the same.
More information on Quicklinks: How to add quick links to the Editor
Navigate to the (sub)module in Content. Then click on Add description field below the name of the (sub)module:
In the text editor write the text you want to accompany with your link. Then, click on the chain icon in the text editor bar to add a quicklink:
A window with options pops out. From the list select Discussions and click:
In the next step click the name of the discussion forum first, then select the topic of the discussion forum by clicking on it. This will add the quicklink to the text editor. Example:
To save the changes click Update.
You now know how to add an existing discussion topic to Content!
Want to know more about discussions?