Quizzes | How to create a Quiz
Lecturers can use the Quizzes tool to assess students while using pre-set questions.
This article will explain you how to
How to create a Quiz
Navigate to your course page. Then, in the green navigation bar
- Click on Assessment
- Click on Quizzes
This action will direct you on the Quizzes' homepage
- Click the blue button New Quiz
On the left side of the page, you will see the most common settings used in a Quiz. On the right, you will see drop-down menus that will allow you to change more settings (links to Availability Dates & Conditions; Timing & Display; Attempts & Completion; Evaluation & Feedback).
1. Set Title , Grade and Due Date
On the upper left pane of the window view you can set:
- Name - Give The Quiz a title
- Grade out Of - Set the Points, link to an existing grade item or create a new
- Due Day - Set the day and time students need to submit this quiz
- (Optional) Description - Add Description text to the quiz. This text will also appear as a description of the item when you add it to the course Content
For further information, visit: How to create a Grade Item
2. Add questions to the Quiz
At this point you can add existing questions. You can do so by selecting one of the available options;
- Upload a file - import a file of questions from your computer
- Browse Question Library - import questions from Question Library
For more information visit the articles Quizzes | How to add questions to a Quiz from Question Library
Alternatively you can create new ones, by selection one of the available options:
- New Question - create a new question
- Section - add a section to your quiz where you can later add more questions
- Question Pool - allow you to set the number of questions that you wish to randomly picked up from a larger pool of questions of your selection
For more information visit the article Quizzes | How to add Questions to a quiz
3. Adjust the Quiz settings
In this section you can go through the various categories and adjust the availability of the quiz, time, attempts and evaluation.
1. Availability Dates & Conditions
||Quizzes | How to set restrictions to a Quiz|
2. Timing & Display
||Quizzes | How to edit quiz question visibility and properties|
|3. Attempts & Completion||
|4. Evaluation & Feedback||
||Quizzes | How to set quiz submission views for student|
4. How to Save the Quiz
Once you have finished creating the quiz, you save it, make the quiz visible or hidden for students.
- Save and Close - to save and close the current Quiz settings and return to the Quizzes homepage
- Save - to save the current Quiz Settings
- Cancel - to not save a recently created quiz or to not save editing changes in an already existing quiz
- Visibility - to make the Quiz visible/invisible to students
You now know how to create a Quiz in Brightspace!
Want to know more about Quizzes in Brightspace?