How to set restrictions in Content
Restrictions can be used to limit access of students to an item in the Content of a course. For example, by setting a start and/or end date, or by having the requirement of having completed another part of the course first.
This manual will show how to:
Navigating to content
To attach restrictions to content topics, first, navigate to your course, in the green navigation bar;
1. Click on Content
Edit properties in Content
2. Click on the (sub)module the topic is placed
3. Click on the arrow beside the name of the file you want
4. In the drop-down menu, click on Edit Properties In-place
Add Restrictions to a topic
This action will allow the modification of different properties of the item in the Content. From the properties that appear
5. Click on Add dates and restrictions...
More options will now become visible below the topic
6. Add a Start, a Due or an End Date to your file
8. Click Update to save all the modifications
The restrictions are now linked to the Content topic.
You now know how to set restrictions to items in Content in Brightspace!
Want to know more about restrictions in Brightspace?