About Account Settings
In this article, you can find information on the basic Account Settings. The specific options for your account will be elaborated upon, as well as general Discussion and Email settings.
Navigating to Account Settings
Navigate to your course and hover over to your User profile
1. Click on your Name or profile picture, a drop-down menu will appear
2. Click on Account Settings
This action will open the Account Settings page, three separate tabs are shown:
- Account Settings - this menu contains the general account settings, such as font, language, time, reading and video settings
- Discussions - this menu contains personal discussion settings such as Display and Reply settings
- Email - this menu contains email and display options
This article focuses on the Account Settings tab and the multiple options here.
Account Settings tab
The first option you are given in the Account Settings menu is Font Settings. To adjust the font size to your personal preferences,
1. Click on the downward arrow, this will open a drop-down menu
2. Choose the font size - options are either: Small, Medium, Large or Huge
The default setting for the Dialog Setting is Dialogs. Switch your settings to Pop-ups if one of the options mentioned in the paragraph applies to your situation.
The third setting is the HTML Editor Settings. This setting enables you to enter text and HTML in the system.
Tick the box if you prefer to turn off rich text editor and view source.
Some tools automatically mark content as you scroll it into viewed.
Tick the box if you prefer to not automatically mark items as read when scrolling the page.
This setting ensures assistive technologies can detect videos.
Tick the box for video optimization with programmatically-driven assistive technologies.
In this section many settings can be changed, such as default date, clock and number formats.
1. Preferred Locale and Language - choose the language you want to have your working environment in. The default setting is "English (United Kingdom)"
2. Clock - indicate whether you want to have the time shown in either 12- or 24-hours cycles
3. First Day of the Week - the default setting is "Sunday", however, any day of the week can be chosen
4. Date - indicate in what way you want to have your dates shown, for example, dd/mm/yyyy
5. Number Format - indicate how Brightspace should display numbers
6. Percentage Format - settings for the display of percentages
The next Account Setting is Time Zone. Here you find two options:
1. Continent - select the preferred continent the list of time zones
2. Time zone - the offset of time in hours from UTC
In the Signing In menu, indicate whether other people can see that you are logged in, or whether you would like to always appear offline.
Application Settings enable you to manage applications.
1. OAuth 2.0 - revoke authentication for applicants individually. For more information on this option, click on Manage applications registered with OAuth 2.0.
2. ID Key Authorization - revoke authentication for all applicants at once, click on the grey button Revoke Access.
Once you have selected all the preferred options, do not forget to click the blue Save and Close button.
You now know how to edit your Account Settings in Brightspace!