How to create a Checklist from the Content
This article will show you how to create a checklist from the Content of your course. For information on creating checklist from Course tools click here.
First, navigate to the course where you want to create a checklist. Then click Content in the green navigation bar.
- In the module where you want to create the Checklist, click the button Existing Activities
- From the drop-down menu click Checklist
- Click Create New Checklist (or click Manage Checklists to go to the Checklist Manager and continue in the next section - Step 8)
- Enter a name for the Checklist
- (Optional) Enter a description
- Click Create and Insert to insert the checklist to the module in the Content immediately. Note: The option Create will create the Checklist and go back to the previous pop-up window (checklist overview); this will NOT yet add the checklist to the module.
The pop-out window closes and you fill find the created Checklist in the module of the Content view.
8. Click on the inserted Checklist to edit it and add items
The created Checklist will be empty at first.
9. Click Add a New List to create a new list of items
By clicking on the Add a New List it will automatically create a List which will appear on the page with the default name List 1.
10. Click on the newly created list name (List 1) to rename it (in this example we will rename it to "Literature"). Then hit Enter on your keyboard to save the change.
11. Click on Add a New Task to [name of the list] to add a new task to the list and give it a name (we will use "Read Chapter 1").
A new Task will appear in the Checklist with a default name Task 1. To change the name click on the task name (Task 1)
Repeat to add more new tasks to the list.
12. If needed, add a due date to a specific task on the checklist
13. In the description of a task, it is possible to add videos, images, or quicklinks
14. Click the button Update
14. To add another list, click Add a New List. For this example a new list "Actions" is added.
All changes are automatically saved, so once the checklist is done you can go back to the content
Now you know how to create a Checklist from Content in Brightspace!
Want to know more about managing content in Brightspace?