How to send an email via Classlist
In addition to using the Email tool of Brightspace under Communication tab in the green navigation bar of your course page, you also have the option to email students via the Classlist tool.
This article will explain:
Navigate to your Brightspace course page. Then,
- Click on Communication in the green navigation bar
- Click on Classlist
You will land on the Classlist tool homepage. Here you have two options on how to approach the email function:
The email function in Classlist tool homepage is available:
- In blue letters right above the table with the Classlist overview
- Or as a button Email Classlist
1. Email to all course participants
To email all participants listed in the Classlist view
- Click on the Selectbox in the first column, first row of the table
- Click on Email in blue letters above the table
A window pops up where you will be able to add subject, text, and attachments to your email as you do via the Email tool:
Sending email via Classlist will add the selected participants automatically to Bcc of the email.
2. Email to specific course participants
Using the email option via Classlist you can also email specific users based on their group enrollment, or on their role in the course.
For more information please visit: How to e-mail (parts of) the group using the Classlist
You now know how to send an email via Classlist in Brightspace!
Want to know more about emailing via Brightspace?
- How to use the Email tool in Brightspace
- How to e-mail (parts of) the group using the Classlist
- How to send email via Intelligent Agent