How to import students groups in LabBuddy
This manual explains how to import student groups from Brightspace. Before importing new groups in LabBuddy, it could be needed to empty groups from previous years.
This manual will show you how to:
For more information on how to to empty groups from a previous year, please visit: https://docs.labbuddy.net/archive_groups
Importing student Groups from Brightspace
In general, lecturers want students to work on an ExperD in groups. When these groups are made in Brightspace, you can import them in LabBuddy.
For more information on how students can work individually on an ExperD, please visit: https://docs.labbuddy.net/experd_access_all
For more information on how to create a Group in Brightspace, please visit: How to create a Group
Importing student groups from Brightspace can be implemented only to ExperD’s that do not have the box ‘Allow access for all users to this ExperD’ ticked
Open the ExperD you want to grant students access to and,
- Click on the Edit icon of the ExperD
- Click on the Import Brightspace groups tab on the LabBuddy page
- Click on the downward arrow to select your Course
- Select the Groups Category you determined in Brightspace
- Select the groups you want to import to this particular ExperD
- Click on Import Groups
A new window appears with all the selected imported Groups,
- Click on View to go back to the ExperD
- Click on the downward arrow next to the Select group/user heading to check if the import of Groups was completed successfully
You now know how to import students Groups in LabBuddy from Brightspace!