How to create FeedbackFruits Learning Tools
FeedbackFruits is one of the external learning tools that is already integrated into Brightspace. FeedbackFruits is a suite of assignment tools that provide students with opportunities to give and receive feedback related to a range of assessment activities.
This article will show you how to:
Adding FeedbackFruits Learning Tools
Navigate to your course, in the green navigation bar,
1. Click on Content
2. Click on the desired (sub)module
3. Click on the button Existing Activities, a drop-down menu will appear
4. Select the type of FeedbackFruits learning tool you want to add
How to create a FeedbackFruits Peer Review
After selecting FeedbackFruits Peer Review, a pop-up window Add Activity will appear.
5. Click on the purple button Get Started to start creating the assignment or watch the Instruction Video
If you select Getting Started, then
6. Give the Peer Review a name
Scroll further down the pop-up window,
7. Give an overall instruction for the assignment
FeedbackFruits Peer Review Settings
1. Add optional instructions for handing in work
2. Click on Date and Time icons to add a Deadline
3. Click on the downward arrow next to Settings
This action will open further settings
4. Click on exactly, a drop-down menu will appear. Select the required submissions (minimum, between, exactly)
5. Click on the downward arrow next to the number 1 to choose the number of files each student has to hand in
6. Tick the boxes to allow the file types that students are allowed to hand in
7. Click on the downward arrow, to choose the visibility of handed work, a drop-down menu will appear
1. Click purple button Add to insert Feedback criteria
This will open a pop-up window
2. Click on Create new criteria
In the same pop-up, you can build your set of criteria.
3. Click on either Add rubric, Add Scale rating or Add Comment Criterion
You can select as many criteria sections as you like
Once you have finished building your set of criteria,
4. Click on the purple button Done
This action will close the pop-up page.
5. Click on Date and Time icons to add a Deadline
6. Click on the downward arrow next to Instantly to choose when the students see their feedback
7. Click on the downward arrow next to Settings
This action will open further settings.
8. Click on the button to turn on Self-assessment
9. Click on the button to turn on Submitter anonymity
10. Click on the button to turn on Reviewer anonymity
11. Click on downward arrow to choose the required reviews per student
12. Add additional instructions on giving feedback
To enable that students write a reflection on the received feedback,
1. Click on the button on the right of Write a reflection on the received feedback
To set a deadline,
2. Click on the Date and Time icons
After the deadline passes, students can still read their feedback, but it won't count towards their progress. This deadline also applies for submitting a reflection on the feedback, if required.
3. Click on the downward arrow next to Settings
This action will open further settings on Received reviews,
4. Add instructions for writing reflection
5. Set the the length (at least, and at most words) of written reflection
Configure the grading scheme of the FeedbackFruits Peer Review
In order to create a grade item in Brightspace after the grades have been published, please visit: How to add a grade item post-published to FeedbackFruits Learning Tools
Saving the FeedbackFruit Peer Review
1. Click on the Save purple button on the top right corner
Now, you have created a FeedbackFruits Peer Review in your (sub) module.
This action will redirect you to the (sub)module, were the FeedbackFruits Peer Review will appear
You now know how to set up one of the FeedbackFruits Learning Tools (i.e. Peer Review) in your Brightspace course!
How to copy from existing
As soon as a Feedback Fruit assignment has been created in a course, it can easily be copied.
Follow the steps above to start with
At the pop-up window Add Activity,
1. Click on USE COPY FROM EXISTING
This will show all the FeedbackFruits assignments that have been previously created
From the list that will appear,
2. Click on the Assignment
3. Click on USE
This action will create an exact copy of the assignment, which can be edited accordingly.
It is also possible to save the assignment as a template by clicking on "SAVE AS TEMPLATE". In that way, next time it will be easier to select from the list of your assignment templates and proceed with the editing of it.
As soon as you save the Assignment, you will be directed to the Content module's page, where the copied assignment will appear
You now know how to create and copy a FeedbackFruits Assignment in Brightspace!
Want to know more about FeedbackFruits Learning Tools?